How Surrey Scorchers handles your personal data
Surrey Scorchers is associated with Surrey Sports Park and is committed to handling your personal data responsibly and your privacy with respect.
Compliance with the privacy principles
Surrey Scorchers supports the aims of the Legislation to strengthen the rights of individuals in respect of their personal data and places a high importance on protecting the data it holds. As such, we commit to the principles of the Legislation in that we will:
- Process all personal data fairly and lawfully
- Only process personal data for specified and lawful purposes
- Endeavor to hold relevant and accurate personal data, and where practical, we will keep it up to date
- Not keep personal data for longer than is necessary
- Keep personal data secure and employ a “data protection by design” approach to systems engineering and projects that promotes and incorporates privacy and data protection considerations from the outset
- Review our range of governance and privacy policies to ensure they are kept up to date
- Undertake training and awareness raising activities for staff so that they understand their obligations
- Ensure that we only share personal data where we have appropriate data sharing agreements in place with third parties
- Only work with companies for data processing services that are data protection compliant and which enter into appropriate data processing agreements
- Endeavour to ensure that personal data is not transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) without adequate protection.
Subject access requests
Under data protection legislation you have the right to ask Surrey Scorchers whether it holds your personal information and to see a copy of that information. This process is called a Subject Access Request.
If you would like to make a Subject Access Request to access copies of data held about you, please submit your request in writing to the Surrey Scorchers.
We can only release copies of personal data to the data subject (the person who the data is about). We will not release it to any third parties unless we have the written consent of the data subject.
Minor day-to-day requests for information and corrections can be taken up with Media Office.